NEUROLOGICAL - ISCHAEMIC STROKE CLINICAL ASSESSMENT SIMULATION COURSE
The one-day Course centres around three simulation-based activities that allow learners to practice their physiotherapy skills and receive feedback from physiotherapists on their competency.
The simulations are with patients that are acutely unwell, in a sub-acute stage or undergoing rehabilitation as an inpatient or ambulatory care.
Further detail of the Clinical Assessment Simulation Course includes:
- 3x 1-hour interactions with simulated patients, where participants complete assessments and interventions in a "mock exam" setting (once as therapist, twice as observer and assistant)
- Presentation and discussion of a clinical reasoning framework that can be applied to all neurological patient scenarios in acute, rehabilitation, and outpatients
- Updates on recommendations for practice relating to stroke
- Guided reflective case discussions, debriefing, and individual feedback from expert physiotherapists on your skills
- Constructive feedback from the patient's perspective about your communication and language skills
- Orientation to the APC Simulation Lab, where clinical assessments are held
- Course timing is from 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Course cost is $495 per person
- Small group numbers (capped at 9) give individualised attention to participants and direct feedback from the physiotherapy facilitator
Multi Session Discounts: Book 3 workshops to receive 15% off the total transaction amount. Enter the promo code 15OFF3 in the checkout to apply.
By booking a workshop with Physiotherapy Education Australia, you are acknowledging and agreeing to abide by our terms and conditions. Please read the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to checkout.