CARDIORESPIRATORY - COPD CLINICAL ASSESSMENT SIMULATION COURSE
The one-day course centres around three simulation-based activities that allow learners to practice their physiotherapy skills and receive feedback from physiotherapists on their competency.
The simulations are with patients experiencing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) across acute, rehabilitation, and outpatient settings
Further detail of the Clinical Assessment Simulation Course includes:
- 3x 1-hour interactions with simulated patients, where participants complete assessments and interventions in a "mock exam" setting (once as therapist, twice as observer and assistant)
- Presentation and discussion of a clinical reasoning framework that can be applied to all cardiorespiratory patient scenarios in acute, rehabilitation, and outpatients
- Updates on recommendations for practice relating to COPD
- Guided reflective case discussions, debriefing, and individual feedback from expert physiotherapists on your skills
- Constructive feedback from the patient's perspective about your communication and language skills
- Orientation to the APC Simulation Lab, where clinical assessments are held
- Course timing is from 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Course cost is $495 per person
- Small group numbers (capped at 9) give individualised attention to participants and direct feedback from the physiotherapy facilitator
Multi Session Discounts: Book 3 workshops to receive 15% off the total transaction amount. Enter the promo code 15OFF3 in the checkout to apply.
By booking a workshop with Physiotherapy Education Australia, you are acknowledging and agreeing to abide by our terms and conditions. Please read the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to checkout.
If your preferred session is fully booked, please email us here to add your name to the waiting list. Please provide your full name and phone number so we can contact you a place becomes available.